Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
No wet, no dew, just plain dry..... REAL DRY......

@Mini Horses ......Hey, make sure I am up tomorrow before 3 a.m. Gotta leave to go test the 500 cow herd at 3:00... pick up DS at 3:15 to be at the farm by 4 to set up their samplers. Gonna be hot tomorrow so glad we are doing morning to get it over with.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another ewe dead this morning. Huge bloat. Another tough disposal. There was nothing wrong with these sheep except they were dead. Then I saw Hubbs feeding them weeds from a flower bed. Four o clock flowers mixed in. An old, established stand that were going to seed. Was that the trouble? I don’t know yet but suspicious. Weed feeding halted. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. :he

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another ewe dead this morning. Huge bloat. Another tough disposal. There was nothing wrong with these sheep except they were dead. Then I saw Hubbs feeding them weeds from a flower bed. Four o clock flowers mixed in. An old, established stand that were going to seed. Was that the trouble? I don’t know yet but suspicious. Weed feeding halted. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. :he
Sorry about the dead ewes 😕.
Wow, I had no idea they were poisonous! Did a search and it comes up as toxic and also poisonous.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Got a odd text yesterday from the arsehole neighbor who is paying for the rock I am putting down on our road. His wife baked me some M&M cookies of the sort and they left them at the entrance of my driveway. 🤨

Going to be only mid 70's today, the temperatures are way off here.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
"Japanese beetles love to dine on four o'clocks, and according to several university sources, these plants are poisonous to them. They are also toxic to people and pets. They can cause vomiting and diarrhea if eaten and the sap can cause dermatitis. Jul 28, 2017"

I'm sooooo sorry. It was just a mistake. Now we all know.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I research everything I plant in the yard. Not that I’ve planted much, but I do have a cow panel enclosure I call the Flower Graveyard. I won’t plant a grass, flower, bush or tree that is toxic. It’s just not worth it.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This is what I worry about on releasing my pig to a bigger pasture. Neighbor has a book on all weeds in Montana and after I read it, none are poisonous to pigs. Now cows on the other hand and sheep, yeah there is a lot here. There is one plant or two that can cause abortions in humans here 🤨