Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cloudy mostly, had a couple sprinkles. 60 to start, up to 70 now. Sun is trying to come out. Radar shows it will be pretty much past by mid afternoon. Still might be some high clouds but rain will be gone.

DS called and wanted to tell me how thick this was and some of it had fallen over so he was having to mow in 2 directions to try to get it all up, so it will actually get cut off at the ground, so the tedder won't get tangled up in it. Because of the drought, the orchard grass did not get a good start after we took off the wheat/rye mix, and some of that came back. So it is a mix of whatever; rye, wheat. orchard grass, weeds... you name it. But, it will be rolled and the cows will be able to pick through it and eat this winter. It is thick. He said some places the orchard grass looked pretty good, and other places it was nothing and some bare sections.

Anyway, he wanted to know if I could make him a sandwich, he had to get off and walk a little and stretch out the leg. It was aching just from being bent and the bouncing and the general jiggling it was getting.
So I made a couple sandwiches and he was about done, came across the road and got out of the tractor and tried to stretch out a bit... then sat in a chair and we ate. Talked about the cows, and then he said he was going to cut the lot across from his house, and the little piece next to it and then quit. Said he was getting tired. Couldn't believe how easily he is getting tired, said "I haven't done anything"... and I said that is why, because you haven't been doing anything and it will take some time to get your stamina built back up now. Plus, we all know that surgery, and anesthesia and all that, is "trauma" to the body so it's self protection is to rest and such.

I am going to go out and try to get the feed switched over now to the forester.... Got a sink full of dishes done and will put them away in a bit, and do up the rest. He said he fed the pen of heifers in the back when he took the truck up through the gate, so I only have to do the 2 pens in the barn. Then go to the pasture and feed the ones down near the catch lot, and go to the nurse cow pasture. He said he is going to go down and do the ones at his other place, probably in the morning, that is in her direction, as he wants to see if the guy finally finished painting the roof on the rental house that is on that farm. Been alot of "drama" with that too... the guy is "her" cousin, does roof painting and is good... but all sorts of BS drama all the time... another bunch of trash.... and he said he is tired of all this, he wants the roof done and that is the last time he will hire him for anything. Maybe he will learn to stop trying to be so sympathetic to all these ones and NOT get sucked into "helping them".

So I am ready, after eating with him, to go out and do some more stuff. The sun is trying to come out now, so it ought to be a nice afternoon.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
It ain't y'all forgot, it's y'all had a heavy dose of coffee and all jacked up on caffeine so your fingers are just floating across the keys.

Was going to get the dump truck out, but forgot I like to let the sealant to sit a 24 hr period before refilling fluids unless it's formulated for such. Though all is in and ready to go.
Birds have gotten so skittish they have to be shoved out the door in the mornings now, then again in 30 minutes. Started today closing the door behind them and wife will open it when she gets home as I never know on my schedule. No eggs in 3 days when we use to get over a dozen a day.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can't lie, don't know the last time I posted in my journal. Haven't had anything big to update on, except the occasional Marathon, since I sold my show lambs a couple of years ago.

Was up early this morning, not sure why I struggled with the 5:30 alarm, I did sleep in Friday. But morning training run today, went out and checked on my horse, then went to a fun football game.

Sounds like you have some freeloaders on your hand Weldman. Bugs me when the birds quit laying in the fall or decide its a great day to have an egg hunt.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m getting rid of my remaining chickens tomorrow. No point in feeding predators. My Rescue has not responded to my pleas for dogs. For give me but who do you have to be to blow off a ten year adopter, with a grand to spend?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It ain't y'all forgot, it's y'all had a heavy dose of coffee and all jacked up on caffeine so your fingers are just floating across the keys.

Was going to get the dump truck out, but forgot I like to let the sealant to sit a 24 hr period before refilling fluids unless it's formulated for such. Though all is in and ready to go.
Birds have gotten so skittish they have to be shoved out the door in the mornings now, then again in 30 minutes. Started today closing the door behind them and wife will open it when she gets home as I never know on my schedule. No eggs in 3 days when we use to get over a dozen a day.
I don't drink coffee :hide:hide:hide ..... it's senility creeping up....:old:old ..........:plbb:plbb:plbb