Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee and waffle almost done.
I pulled everything in the kitchen garden yesterday. Time to think about improving that soil and planting for winter.
Got rid of the chickens yesterday - getting 4-5 new ones today I think. DH is on that. Since he improved the chicken run he's more interested in the chickens - that and he loves the breakfast sandwich I make.
Back to "work" for me - detection classes starting in less than an hour. I'll be away from the puppies for 4-5 hours! OHHH NOOOOOO. This is going to be hard. Yesterday eyes opened, lil girl's opened today and they are monster toddling around the whelping box. OHHHH figures I'd have classes to teach today. Need $ for hay. Sigh.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up during the middle of my alarms this morning. Another morning at the gym before it opened. Starbucks then studying before class. Going to be a lot of studying and going to class today. Typical college life. Two of three roommates are sick, trying not to get sick, so not home today if I can help it.
Probably got to pack for a weekend trip tomorrow. Visiting the little brother in ND.
My horse has been on a hunting trip for the last week, think I get him back Friday. Will be a welcome sight.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm canning! Gotta DO something. Rain light but, way wet from earlier....still overcast. 🥴 7 qt of dried beans, sugar, ketchup, spices to become ready to heat/eat baked beans! Already made some before. This will finish those for winter. 👍

Plain pinto beans ready for next load. 🤔
Beans without pork?!?!? :ep

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's on @canesisters thread...she asked for it

Annnnd...more rain late afternoon :he around 2.5 " now, in about 24 hr. But I'm shouldn't complain --- NC coastline was hammered! 12" around Outer Banks area and inland the 3-6" wasn't needed all at once. They had some extreme drought jun/jul. 😕

Mouse in the house today 😡 was 2. Maybe more, they bring the family! Anyway, several traps set & waiting. One got only his foot caught. Took him outside to a private swim pool. RIP

:oldbig discussion with cats!

Last edited:

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's on @canesisters thread...she asked for it

Annnnd...more rain late afternoon :he around 2.5 " now, in about 24 hr. But I'm shouldn't complain --- NC coastline was hammered! 12" around Outer Banks area and inland the 3-6" wasn't needed all at once. They had some extreme drought jun/jul. 😕

Mouse in the house today 😡 was 2. Maybe more, they bring the family! Anyway, several traps set & waiting. One got only his foot caught. Took him outside to a private swim pool. RIP

:oldbig discussion with cats!
My cat brings mice, voles, chipmunks and birds into the house to play with. It's up to me to chase it around the house when she doesn't bring it in dead and lets it loose. Some days come home to feathers strung about like pillow fight ensued from a bird to other days a chipmunk running circles with the cat in pursuit.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, slept late. Was awake a couple hours last night. Got to go to town today, groceries and dog food.