Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Walked to garden after getting home from work -- trying to shake off the $40.80 tractor air filter cost I had just bought, up from $29 only 6 months ago 😳😠 -- anyway after goats have eaten most grasses from "garden" 🙄area, noticed a strip in potato patch that looked undug. Yep, had 4# of fingerlings waiting to be found 😉. Then, blessed with 2 eggs today....and a gazillion feathers from molting.

$30. For 5qt oil and a filter, ON SALE no less, for car. DS doing that change for me tomorrow. I swear, prices are really bad! 😵‍💫

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I wanted to take today off and now that backfired to not only do you have to go in today, but during the weekend too. I should just of not said anything. I tell myself things will slow down when winter hits, but that could be a figment of imagination too.
I actually will be dragging one of the livestock shelters I am building to work so I can work on it, odd.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bad week so far. Poppy the 6th month old Cattle Dog got spayed on Wednesday. She's doing fine as long as I stay with her and her with me. Took off the dang cone after the first nite. We have a soft cone that we used last nite. Much quieter in her crate for sure.

Hubs and I were sitting on the deck talking, when son came out and threw the ball for Maverick, the 2 yr old cattle dog. Then he started to do a thing with the chuck it stick with Mav that I've told him several times to NOT DO! Well, he did it. Broke Maverick's back leg.

Off to the emergency vet for only 2.5 hours. Turns out that Mav has three broken parts of his entire leg: the tibia, the something else and then a broken/separated bone in his foot near his heel.

We are scheduled with an Orthopedic surgeon on Monday morning.
IMG_7426.JPG

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bad week so far. Poppy the 6th month old Cattle Dog got spayed on Wednesday. She's doing fine as long as I stay with her and her with me. Took off the dang cone after the first nite. We have a soft cone that we used last nite. Much quieter in her crate for sure.

Hubs and I were sitting on the deck talking, when son came out and threw the ball for Maverick, the 2 yr old cattle dog. Then he started to do a thing with the chuck it stick with Mav that I've told him several times to NOT DO! Well, he did it. Broke Maverick's back leg.

Off to the emergency vet for only 2.5 hours. Turns out that Mav has three broken parts of his entire leg: the tibia, the something else and then a broken/separated bone in his foot near his heel.

We are scheduled with an Orthopedic surgeon on Monday morning.View attachment 111880
Oh noooo!! So sorry. Obi sends sorry sniffs - he only broke a toe (2 yrs ago). I always cringe when balls are thrown - rule here (like yours) is Only low or bounce. I hope things go well with the ortho surgeon. Sending some healing thoughts his way.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG ---- it ..... rained! The ground got wet, lasted maybe 5 minutes. Done. :idunno It's a start :lol: first rain (if you can even call it that) since April.
Still in pj's breakfast done, coffee almost done. Sheep will get out in awhile - I'll move them to one of the pastures for the day. Had them out there yesterday.