Dinner rabbits, Journal

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
As I'm thinking over the math, two 4×6ft doors would be easier. Since plywood is sold as 4×8ft. I'd just cut off 2ft from the tops. Still tons of airflow.
20241027_165143.jpg
Here’s a thought, what about 3 four foot doors? Then you wouldn’t have to cut the third piece of plywood in half. You would have the middle 4’ door for year round use, and be able to raise the two side ones for extra ventilation in the heat and it could go directly to the rabbits’ cages w/o the 2’ fixed sides blocking it. Of course, there may be reasons I don’t know about why you want more than the 4’ opening in the center. Machinery access maybe?

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here’s a thought, what about 3 four foot doors? Then you wouldn’t have to cut the third piece of plywood in half. You would have the middle 4’ door for year round use, and be able to raise the two side ones for extra ventilation in the heat and it could go directly to the rabbits’ cages w/o the 2’ fixed sides blocking it. Of course, there may be reasons I don’t know about why you want more than the 4’ opening in the center. Machinery access maybe?
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought they would be hanging from the chains and raised and lowered as needed. Now I see that you would be attaching them at the sides to swing outwards like normal doors. I guess the 3rd middle door would require a vertical post of some sort to hinge to if you wanted the side walls to be openable instead of fixed. That adds complication.

Latest posts