Do any of you care to share pictures of your rabbit set up?

Stones_Chickens

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Right now my does are in dog kennels and my bucks are in a run with a dog house (formally my pet rabbit's run). I want to build runs for all of them, but I've learned the hard way that the material that I used for the run I have is great for adults, but not for babies.

I don't plan on keeping a large amount of rabbits, just my two bucks and my two does. The run will only be 4' wide x 6' long x 4' tall.

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I always like showing off my set-up as it is starting to pay for itself finally. ;) this is always a big deal in urban farming. It has also turned out to be a very clean environment for the rabbit and I do not have a ton of flys or odor.
1521_market.jpg
[/url]
This is the back side of the rabbit shed/chicken area.
1521_mysustainablestup.jpg

This area is about 12'x45' and the rabbit shed itself is 5'x26' and has 9 hanging cages in it and a dug out manure put under it. i have to clean that out about 3 times a year so far and my chickens have free run of that entire area. They love it! It is an area designated to them. And I have added some raised beds to the back side of the shed and my bucket garden is back there to. So, manure has a place to go close by.
If you look on my page you will see a lot more.

daniel-delarosa

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here is my set up. I started by just building a top for shade. Afterwards I decided to enclose it and combine my rabbits and chickens in one place since my chickens hung out by the rabbits all day anyways. The rabbit poo started to stack up and the pee stunk like crazy after I enclosed it so I added a trough to funnel it outside. Im kinda figuring it out as I go, lol.
1f405de9.jpg

rabbitbarndrawing-1.png

d35a74c9.jpg

de004673.jpg

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here is my outdoor setup:

Here is my indoor "Maternity Ward":

We are also about to build another outdoor area with 24 holes....

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
oneacrefarm, daniel-delarosa, Citylife

Thanks you all so much for showing us your excellent set ups.

I applaud your hard work. Thanks for sharing.

K

daniel-delarosa

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oneacrefarm, awesome idea using gutter in the maternity ward! I actually own a seamless gutter machine and didn't put 2 & 2 together when trying to come up with a poop chute idea, lol.

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
daniel-delarosa said:
Oneacrefarm, awesome idea using gutter in the maternity ward! I actually own a seamless gutter machine and didn't put 2 & 2 together when trying to come up with a poop chute idea, lol.
It works really well, the only thing I would like to do different is to somehow attach it without the braces in the way...any ideas?

AZ Rabbits

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
oneacrefarm said:
It works really well, the only thing I would like to do different is to somehow attach it without the braces in the way...any ideas?
Which braces?

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
AZ Rabbits said:
oneacrefarm said:
Which braces?
Well, the hanging brackets that attach across the top of the gutter, there are 3 of them per piece of gutter. It interferes with cleaning out the gutter quickly. It really isn't that big a deal, but it could be improved on...