Doe crying, bloat?

Blarneyeggs

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My doe, Lily who is 3 weeks post part em is bleating constantly. It started last night, I sat with her and rubbed her this seemed to calm her. Her abdomen was distended and harder on the one side. I compared her to her 'sister' who kidded on the same day and they seemed the same, so I didn't worry. This morning she is bleating constantly again. Can I give her Pepto Bismal? If it's not bloat, this won't hurt her, right?

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
I wouldn't do pepto since it can sort of stop things up, but baking soda and mineral oil are warranted. Have you taken a temp? I would also be concerned since she is 3 weeks pp that she has an infection. Probably should have a fecal test done too to check for a parasite load.

FallViewFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Temp is 102.5 (without my glasses). I brought them to some fresh woods and sat watching for 45 minutes, she was browsing without complaint and let the babies nurse. This girl has always been more vocal than the rest, but not THIS much.

FallViewFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Just saw that her temp is normal by reading Fiasco Farms, also read to stop them from eating, so going out to check her again if left side is distended. THANK YOU Pearce Pastures and Moonshine!