Doeling too loud!

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have a doeling that is 5 months old and too loud.

We live in a suburban neighborhood and I don't want her to cause our neighbors to try to get rid of all our goats (we only have 2 other milking does). I'm trying to sell her and have never had this much trouble selling a goat! I have her up on craigslist with no interest at all. ??? She has really good lines, is super cute, and in great health. I don't understand. Is this just a really bad time of year to sell goats? I had so many offers for her as a baby, but my kids wanted to keep her and we thought she would be a great doe to add to our little herd.

Any advice?
-K

Rocco

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Price is always the important driver in selling. Is she priced fairly against others in your area? Yes, this is about the worst time of year to be selling goats (in my area anyway) but someone is always wanting a deal....so drop your price and she should sell.

Or another option, buy another kid about her age for a companion.

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I sold a doeling in 4 days. I've thought that now is a good time to sell because it's before the winter sell-off and the spring babies.

Price is a huge factor. You want that goat gone? Look to see what is the going rate out there.

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm afraid of getting another doeling just to have two that are loud. My price is already down to where the non-registered goats are priced. I'm not seeing anything sell and many ads have been up for a month or two. I might give her another week (unless my neighbors complain) and then drop her below the price of the non-registered does and see what happens then.
:(
-K

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Pearce Pastures said:
Where are you advertising? Could branch out more maybe?
I've just had her on craigslist. I've always had really good luck with that before. I haven't even gotten one email! *sigh

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Pearce Pastures said:
1) Try this group on facebook called "Nigerian Dwarf Goats For Sale" https://www.facebook.com/groups/226185690759249/?hc_location=stream
It is for registered goats only (I think yours is)

2) I use Hoobly with a lot of luck.

3) Make sure your CL ad had a list of search terms at the bottom of your ad. Like "Search Terms: Goat Goats Nigerian Dwarf Doe Doeling"
Thanks. I thought I had her sold. :-(
I tried Hoobly with no luck at all. I think it's just the time of year. I now have her priced well below what she is worth and actually below what some of the non-registered goats are going for. Gah!

Here is her ad if you want to give any feedback...
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/grd/3946675655.html

Thanks,
K

Egg_Newton

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She is a cutie! I would love to get a registered ND for $150! If i lived closer and wasn't more interested in mini nubians I would snatch her up!