Door sizing question (let chickens out/prevent goats from getting in)

FallViewFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have not tried this yet, but I have a friend who says she runs her goats with her chickens. Her trick is 'hot pepper seeds in the chicken feed' she says she's trained her goats not to eat the chicken feed by lacing it this way. Also, this is supposedly a way to bring your chickens into lay when they are on a break. I have not tried either of these things. But I aim to.

perchie.girl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
FallViewFarms said:
I have not tried this yet, but I have a friend who says she runs her goats with her chickens. Her trick is 'hot pepper seeds in the chicken feed' she says she's trained her goats not to eat the chicken feed by lacing it this way. Also, this is supposedly a way to bring your chickens into lay when they are on a break. I have not tried either of these things. But I aim to.
Hot peppers are good for chickens..... I wonder weather it would be a deterrent for the goats. Hebivors have different taste buds.... stuff wed spit out they happily munch on.... It certainly would be worth a try.

deb

nbelval

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I like that idea! The feeder I currently have has raised dividers that fit the hens heads perfectly but aren't as easy for the goats to gobble up the feed in. I will get some red pepper next time I go shopping! :)

Latest posts