dropped then not? *now with pics

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ok, so our doe came on Friday and looked like she had dropped. I could see her hips and backbone. Now it looks like she has filled out again and looks more pregnant. Her previous owner thinks that tomorrow is her due date but was not sure.

My question is can she drop and then the baby(s) move back up? Could it be that she is getting better nutrition now and is just gaining weight? Her udder is full but not tight and I can still feel her tendons. Does anyone have a guess as to what is going on?

Thanks!

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Your goat is messing with you....

If she is eatting better, it is true that her stomach may appear fuller and make her look like she un-dropped.

As far as when she is going to have the baby, your guess is good as anyones. Can you post pictures of her?

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm actually starting to wonder if she is as close as her previous owner thought. This morning she looks lower than yesterday. Maybe she just had a fuller tummy. :)

Here are pics of her:

Here she is last Friday, the day we got her.
bella.jpg

Here she is today. I'm realizing that she doesn't really look all that different in the pictures.

bella3.jpg

Here are her girly parts. Does this look like a doe due today?

bella2.jpg

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
To me she looks like she has a little while to go, could be a few days but not too many. My guess is sometime over the weekend, but that is just a guess. My last one went 9 days past her due date and I was sure she was going to go early. :hu

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Mamaboid said:
To me she looks like she has a little while to go, could be a few days but not too many. My guess is sometime over the weekend, but that is just a guess. My last one went 9 days past her due date and I was sure she was going to go early. :hu
Thanks! I was beginning to wonder if we were looking at weeks or maybe even a month. *sigh. I am just so ready! Lol :p