Duck advice needed!

Ilovemychicks08

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
An update!! I ended up getting 2 ducks on March 17th. They are now 12 weeks old! And both seem to be females! One is a Blue Swedish and one is a Ancona! As my ducks i ordered didnt come in then i got the run around. The Anconas name is Toxic, as the symbol on her head and her quack makes the chickens and the other duck act up🤣! Then the Blue Swedishs name is Tsunami as she makes a Tsunami out of water!
20230322_082253.jpg
20230605_144409.jpg
20230605_144401.jpg

Maden_a

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello, i am going to be getting 2 ducks in the spring. I already have the coop almost built and they will be in the run with chickens. So my questions are will the chickens stay away from the ducks pool? And what is the best feed for ducks until they are old enough to be on all flock or to be on chicken layer feed? I was looking at Purina and Manna Pro. TIA
My ducks were using the duck pond. To avoid this, I placed the pond further away from the chicken coop. Another option is to fence off a separate area for the ducks.

As for feed, ducklings need a special starter feed (Purina/Manna Pro) until 16-20 weeks old. After that, gradually mix it with layer feed for laying hens.

Also, ensure separate water sources for ducks and chickens (deep for ducks).