Ear tags

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Could ya'll put this in easy to understand wording as to why this is bad? I assume it is because of the government wanting to be ridiculously controlling, but I just want to understand completely. Newbie wants to learn! Since when does the UN care about farm goats?

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok - so it is illegal to NOT license your dog, but how do they enforce it if you don't? How in the world would they ever enforce ear tags? And who would be responsible for the monitoring? You can't register your goat without papers, now they will want a tag number too? They have no way to even prove the tattoo is present now.

I won't tag them - nope. Sorry, I refuse.

When animal control can keep the stray cats off my porch, and make the neighbor license his dogs and keep them home, then they can move on to the next task.

Can't they find other things wrong in the world to fix first?

rascal

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
greymane said:
Went to an auction last week and the auctioneer "required" that the goats / sheep be tagged before they left with the buyer. One woman was able to convince the handler to let her take the tag (vice having him attach it) as long as she "promised" the put it in later.
Sale I work at tags at check in. They get a scrapie and a number id tag (instead of a sticker). Thankfully I don't work THAT gate as I'm an anti- tagger too!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Stacykins said:
Could ya'll put this in easy to understand wording as to why this is bad? I assume it is because of the government wanting to be ridiculously controlling, but I just want to understand completely. Newbie wants to learn! Since when does the UN care about farm goats?
Easiest way to track the food supply. The United Nations was established in the 40's as a Peace keeper due to the World Wars. Good intention. But now it has become a huge entity of its own with other so-called good intentions. Remember "New World Order". Remember "spread the wealth". Well, our Government along with the UN feels that they should "spread the food supply". Tagging goats, cows, sheep, counting chickens and their eggs will allow the government to know what food supply they can "help spread". Remember "Food for Oil". Good intention plan to make Iraq pay for it's law breaking ways. Program created by the United Nations. Failed miserably. The food never got to where it was. And Iraq and UN members got caught profiting and destroying the food.

If you really want to learn about the UN and it's Charter, which will affect all Farmers and small backyard herds, I suggest you start with this.

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/RDCongTestimony.html

I'm sorry. I feel those who care for those livestock should have the right to sell to whoever they want. I understand regulations, but these new regulations coming for this UN Charter document will not benefit the United States, but take away the freedom many died for us to have. Making decisions of our own. Sorry, I don't "spread the wealth". Believe Charity begins at Home. And if you want it, work for it. Tired of all the hand outs. And now we are going World wide.

Not trying to be some Chicken Little and the "sky is falling". But I've seen what governments will do first hand, and it's not pretty.

It all starts out with good intentions, but never seems to get to the point of actually helping.

eta: Just be informed. Talk. Discuss. They really are your livestock no matter what a Government thinks. If you prefer a tag, so be it. But don't force others.

Pumpkinpup

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I agree it is none of the governments business to regulate my herd. I hate tags! They are a bad accident just waiting to happen on babies or inquizative animals such as a goat who have to examine and check out every single thing they encounter! Painful torn and disfigured ears and health threatening infections :somad just makes me mad!!! I already tattoo my livestock, how much more identification do they need? Really!!!!

rollingmeadow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
This is much like the program they tried to implement here a few years ago, NAIS.

Only they wanted us to ID / tag / track / report every.single.thing - even chicks hatching, dying, etc.

The only good thing about the recession is the govt. went too broke to implement such an idiotic idea.
They DID implement NAIS. Wisconsin and one other State incorporated it into their state law. The USDA gave Wisconsin a cooperative agreement "incentive" or more correctly a 35 million dollar bribe to adopt NAIS and WHO standards. They tried to sneak it in the back door of States after it wasn't going anywhere on the federal level, Wisconsin was stupid enough to fall for it. Talk about selling your soul to the devil. Wisconsin aggressively enforces the same NAIS that is now dead on the federal level. Microchipping is in the law too, as the next stage to be enforced. In Wisconsin it is illegal to "harbor" any kind of livestock animal on your property, whether it is yours or not, even if it is strictly for personal use. You can't have a pony or one single chicken unless the state government is informed and re-informed every 1-3 years. Plus once you register you agree to give up your rights to search and seizure. They do not need a warrant to trespass on your private property or to even enter your home against your will. They can literally take anything they want whether it is for agricultural use or not. Farm homes have had swat teams break in, Amish have been taken to court and had their livelihood taken for not registering their premises, farms have been shut down and had permits revoked. All kinds of stuff going on to small farmers and homesteaders in Wisconsin. The WHO is already here and they are operating in Wisconsin. Somehow it never gets national attention though.

http://www.farmtoconsumer.org/news/news-23nov2008-2.htm
http://thebovine.wordpress.com/2009...ulture-is-it-the-blueprint-for-a-nais-nation/

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I REALLY hate coming off as a conspiracy theorist, but when I see actions taken in some states I am reminded of something said by a number of less than savory historical figures and their accompanying theories.

You don't control a populace through a monetary system. That is just the diversion. The real power and control is in the food supply.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I beleive that was part of the new ohio laws as well. Remember reading something on their about tagging and tracking animals.