ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I got through the funeral services without too much heartbreak. I'm gonna miss her so much, she was so dear to me. Thank you all for your warm thoughts and hugs, it means a lot.

In animal news - our guinea keets are growing up so fast. There are 3 lavenders and 2 pearls. One of the pearls is a "daddy's boy" hanging out with the male guinea and roosting with him every night. So cute.

Our little duckling isn't so little anymore. She (think it's a girl) is almost as big as her mama. We call her Quackers.

The chick that our mama chicken hatched a while back has integrated into one of our flocks with her mama. She's so pretty. I'll have to try to get pics of everyone so y'all can see them.

In family news - K just turned 9. She is growing up so fast! She acts like a teenager already. I just wish she'd slow down for a minute. *sigh*

B is doing well in school this year. None of the behavioral problems that we experienced last year. We're pleased to say that he's not had to have one intervention at school this year!

DH loves his job at Harvest, the local foods store that sells my products. I'm now doing jams / jellies, baked goods and teas. On top of that I'm trying to keep writing and staying busy with the kids and farm.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share some of my favorite pics as I reminisce over some of my critters.

This is Maggie Maehem. She was such a princess, always had to be the center of attention.
267823_1927858713703_3951997_n.jpg

Jerry loved his goat kids and allowed them to play on him all they wanted. Precious took full advantage of that and played king of the mountain...err llama any time she could.
76725_4362717703656_1062165768_n.jpg

And who could forget Scottie, my first and only bottle baby.
424070_4532095337991_1381954188_n.jpg

I guess I'm missing my goaties today folks.:(

Nerdy11

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
LOL at Ms. Flufferbottom. My boys named their fave chicken Mr. Skinnyhead. I didn't have the heart to tell them Mr. Skinnyhead was a Miss Skinnyhead LOL. :lol:
My little brother named his hen Squirmy Guy:rolleyes:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
@Nerdy11 you're new to my journal...welcome! It's quite a long read if you're going through it from the beginning but I hope that you do. Thanks for joining my adventure.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know you are missing your baby loves :hugs Those pics are soooooooo great!!!!

Nerdy, I encourage you to read her whole journal...it was the first one I read from page one right through and then got hooked on BYH :)

Nerdy11

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Well, I got to page 48.
I had a lot of time to burn:pop

Nerdy11

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Page 236!
:caf:woot:weee
Also, where do I get one of those cookbooks?:bow:drool