ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all the tough times this past year. Glad it is in the past! I wish you a happy and productive year ahead with more happiness than heartache. :hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
We've got a snowstorm blowing in today...supposed to give us several inches.

Went out and made sure that all the animals had straw or hay to keep them warm in their houses. The pig was especially happy to get a bunch of hay to root in and bury herself with. Cats were happy to get some extra straw in their house, though Scratchy thinks we should bring him in the house to play with Boingo.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Someone left the clip off of the rabbit hutch today and Vinnie got out. Nothing like chasing a rabbit around in the dark with a flashlight in one hand and a net in the other. All the while 2 cats are chasing him too, trying to make him their dinner! Scratch got ahold of Vinnie at one point and I thought it was all over. I was able to whack the cat with the net and capture Vinnie before he could become a tasty morsel for Scratch. Grrr....what a night!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Someone left the clip off of the rabbit hutch today and Vinnie got out. Nothing like chasing a rabbit around in the dark with a flashlight in one hand and a net in the other. All the while 2 cats are chasing him too, trying to make him their dinner! Scratch got ahold of Vinnie at one point and I thought it was all over. I was able to whack the cat with the net and capture Vinnie before he could become a tasty morsel for Scratch. Grrr....what a night!
Glad to hear you were able to catch him! Hope he is okay :hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's good. But man, the scream of a rabbit is blood chilling!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: I hear you on that, the first time we heard one scream, I thought DD was going to drop it and run. Our new Cali buck would scream when we first got him and would touch him....he's gotten somewhat better, we'll see how he does once he is moved out to the shop with the other rabbits.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
It really feels good to know all our friends are tucked in tight with extra bedding when the weather turns nasty.....hope that means you get to hide out in the house too, and stay safe and cozy. Boy.... that is one lucky bunny!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had a fire going in the fireplace all day. Staying tucked in all warm and cozy :)