ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Dreaming Of Goats said:
How's the chick with the leg problem?
Precious is doing great! She's my DH's baby :) He takes her out of her cage for exercise everyday. She's eating well and I think she's gonna be a great pet chicken.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Pictures of Cinnamon's chicks:

I believe that this chick was father by a silkie roo :D
c78c476a.jpg

This was the first hatched chick and the most curious
12368d3c.jpg

5 of the chicks look like this one
43cc1b55.jpg

The hatch rate was 7 of 8 chicken eggs :clap
The egg that didn't hatch wasn't even fertile, so you could actually say we had a 100% rate on our fertile eggs.

The duck eggs haven't hatched despite being in the incubator for a week prior to going under her. Friend says that they are muscovy so it make take a couple more days...we'll see...

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
theawesomefowl said:
Gosh, do you have a Silkie roo named Cinnamon too? Or was that the hen?
The hen is Cinnamon. The eggs came from a friend and her second roo is a silkie...not sure what his name is...

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
elevan said:
Dreaming Of Goats said:
Precious is doing great! She's my DH's baby :) He takes her out of her cage for exercise everyday. She's eating well and I think she's gonna be a great pet chicken.
SHE JUST PASSED AWAY!!! :hit :hit :hit :hit

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
elevan said:
elevan said:
Dreaming Of Goats said:
Oh that is very sad!!! Tell your husband is ok to cry. For the record, I am living proof. Grown men can cry. It only takes a day or two to become really attached.

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
ThreeBoysChicks said:
elevan said:
elevan said:
Oh that is very sad!!! Tell your husband is ok to cry. For the record, I am living proof. Grown men can cry. It only takes a day or two to become really attached.
x2.... :hugs Do you know why she passed away?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Thank you ThreeBoysChicks. DH became so attached to her very quickly.

And thank you D.o.G. She was doing great when we left for our date. We were only gone about 4 hours or so and she was really quiet when we got back. DH thought she'd just worn herself out that day and wanted to sleep (she was sleeping at that time). And then he went to check on her before bed and came in to tell me that he didn't think she'd make it through the night...that she seemed "flat" to him. I checked on her a half hour later and she was gone :(

DH loves all the chickens (they are his girls) despite the fact that when I first got chickens he wanted nothing to do with them (fear of birds). We have a "million" little chicks to help him with his grief. I just hate not knowing what happened... :/

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:hugs

My sympathies. It is hard when you loose any of them but so much worse for the special ones.

Since she had a leg deformity it is possible she had some internal issues as well. Her short life was a very good one. Take solace in that.

Latest posts