Fall Cattle photos

allenacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I took some photosyesterday and thought I would share.
Nyla our 5-1/2 yo alpha cow
Nyla1008.jpg

Reba will be 4 in december. She was very docile and led like a lamb after I got the halter on her
Rebatied.jpg

Hey! Is that camera beet pulp?
P1030019.jpg

Freezerboy meets Wellington
P1030028.jpg

Slow roast, who later went over my 4' no climb fence to get back to his mother. argh!!!!
SlowRoastweaning10-25-20083-26-59AM.jpg

itch scratch
P1030037.jpg

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Those calves do not like to be separated from Mom! :rolleyes: Makes separating them harder. I have heard many a story about separating beef calves from Moms.

Beautiful pics. In dairy I think the jerseys have the cutest faces but, I would say for beef it's the highlands!

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ah, Amy, looks like it's weaning time at Allen's Acres! What did Wellington and Freezer Boy think of each other? Is Sweet Pea in with them? (Is Wellington still a bull, or did you steer him?)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
those are some goodlooking pics of your cows an calves.an those calves are way to cute.you have some nice baleage there as well.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Ok, I have to admit, your calves are cuter than mine!

It does make me wonder though. When I got my little tiny goat, my herd freaked out, BIG TIME!
I wonder what they would do if I added one of those!

amyquilt

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just love Highlands!!! They are such beautiful creatures~!

pokacow

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures & love your names!! My cow was already used to goats but my goat had never seen a cow. He was so funny all bristled up making his ears pointy like horns! He tries to butt the bull but scampers away when Nash takes a step towards him! Cows are sooo cool, much easier than horses! J

allenacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
amysflock- FreezerBoy has been pretty kind to both calves, kinda like a babysitter. Sweetpea has been making sure everyone knows she is the boss. Wellington is still a bull, going to try and keep him that way and sell him. I really need to update my web page and add a for sale section.

SlowRoast is still pretty vocal about being separated from his mom but no longer going through the fence. :)
P1030103.jpg

P1030114.jpg

P1030117.jpg

He is a little bit of a loaner, only wants his mama
P1030157.jpg

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How funny! He looks like he's getting some brindle coloration. (Talisker's his dad, right? I think Talisker looks like a brindle mahogany, rather than red as he's registered.) And who's facing the camera in the bottom photo? Is that Slow Roast, too? I see some mahogany traits there, too, with the white along his sides. (I'm fascinated by this mahogany thing...both our girls are bred to a mahogany bull.)

Sweet Pea is probably so happy to be alpha over all the boys! Whee!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Cute pics! I really do love the looks of the Scottish Highlands. I got to see one up close and personal quite a number of years ago and told DH I wouldn't mind having one.