Feeding pregnant does...

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ive had a lot better luck at getting healthy kits and moms by giving my pregnant does 1/4 cup of calf manna each day after they are bred. I continue this until kits are weaned.

brentr

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
nawma said:
Ive had a lot better luck at getting healthy kits and moms by giving my pregnant does 1/4 cup of calf manna each day after they are bred. I continue this until kits are weaned.
Do you give that 1/4 cup calf manna in place of or in addition to what you usually feed? Not trying to sound critical, but 1/4 cup of calf manna is a lot to give a rabbit on a daily basis IF that is in addition to regular feed. It is a much richer feed than regular rabbit pellets. But if it works for you...every owner knows their rabbits best!

I supplement my does with 1 tablespoon calf manna daily starting the day they kindle. That is in addition to free feeding 15% protein rabbit pellets. I up my doe's feed to about 1.5X what I usually feed starting about day 17 of gestation. Upon kindling, they get free fed plus the supplement. Free feeding continues until weaning.

VickieB

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What is Calf Manna and where do you get it?

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Calf manna is a pellet that is available at all feed stores. I get mine at Tractor Supply. I do give 1/4 cup in addition to regular feed. All my pregnant does have done great on it. I continue it till I begin to wean.