Finnsheep

finns&fjords

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Does anyone else on here have Finns? I have a few and just love them!
Here's my black yearling ram, Ramjam
5107_summer2011_028.jpg

And one of my ewes, Gretchen
5107_summer2011_030.jpg

finns&fjords

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
Very cute! I know nothing about them. Are they hair or wool sheep?
Finn wool is lovely, great for felting, though they are probably best known for their prolifacy. Mine are good natured and sweet, wonderful to have on small acreage. Also great foragers and have cleaned up many weeds in my pastures.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
I know about Finn's but don't have any, just a mix with a bit of Finn in her. I don't want to bottle feed so many lambs, lol.

Thistlefield

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just got two Finn sheep! They are disabled so they are pets. They are absolutely delightful in temperament. So friendly and loving. My ewe is Tuuli and my wether Baalin. :)

parjackson

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We currently have 9 pure Finns. They are fabulous and incredibly sweet. We have reaised them for about 2.5 years now and have enjoyed every minute.

Thistlefield

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here is Baalin the black wether and Tuuli the white ewe. This was the day I picked them up at the farm

IMG_5871.jpg

And here they are at home. That's my little dog giving kisses. She's a very gentle little dog and is only allowed out with the young lambs supervised. You can see Baalin's poor legs here.

IMG_5923.jpg

finns&fjords

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh my those little legs are something. They're lucky to end up with you as pets ;) Very cute lambs!!
I'm just crazy about my Finns temperament. They were skittish when I got them but super friendly now and definitely very sweet.

Thistlefield

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh, I know...poor Baalin and his legs! He's on a glucosamine supplement to help with what I know must be uncomfortable. I have pain meds at hand if I think he needs more help. He's such a cheerful little guy and an absolute love. He rests his head on my lap during snuggle time and his little tail wags furiously if I hit a good scrubbie spot. Tuuli is all lady and very, very gentle.