First time breeding buck question?

StudMuffinNigis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have a 5 month old buckling I just purchased, and put him in with some girls. He has never been with a girl before and started "trying" to breed but would just jump up and do nothing. Finally he tried and looked as if he "did it" and he just FELL OVER!! lol he seriously fell right over on his side and couldn't move for 2-3 seconds, then got up. A few mintutes later he did the exact thing, plop! It was hilarious and I just wanted to make sure he was just "tense and feeling good" and there wasn't anything wrong? Thank you

StudMuffinNigis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Haha, he got it figured out and is normal now, but his first few attempts literally put him to the ground lol. First time feeling that feeling i guess if you know what I mean. I don't think anything is wrong with him.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Did better than my 6 month old buck that went and stood on the other side of the field as far away as possible, a month went by and the girls came into heat, I even tried walking him over to the girls and he wanted nothing to do with them. We gave up and put another sire with them. He was all business at 9 months of age.

jason_mazzy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
maybe he is a fainter and got over excited!!! LOL

StudMuffinNigis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Lol, he is a purebred Nigerian Dwarf, his grandpa was Roshasharn Tiger L, so he better not have any fianter!

themrslove

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Poor baby just got overly excited! LOL!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love that.