First time lambing question!

d farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
One more ewe to go, hope she has easier time! But during this birth you would have thought she was the guard dog, she did not like me going to check on the ewe in labor, followed me step for step!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, don’t think I have told it before daddy is a Babydoll Southdown, momma is Suffolk!

Fantastic breeds for nice wool! Suffolk wool is naturally washable. Makes good socks.

Haven't ever had the pleasure of feeling baby doll wool, but south down wool is also nice..... similar to Suffolk if my brain isn't scrambling on me.

The Baby doll sheep are super cute.

Does the prolapse mean that she shouldn't be bred again?

d farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Fantastic breeds for nice wool! Suffolk wool is naturally washable. Makes good socks.

Haven't ever had the pleasure of feeling baby doll wool, but south down wool is also nice..... similar to Suffolk if my brain isn't scrambling on me.

The Baby doll sheep are super cute.

Does the prolapse mean that she shouldn't be bred again?
The way the vet talked this morning, is that if she pulled thru and made full recovery she should be ok to breed again. Going to do some research and talk with him more about it at a later time, get stitches out in a week. She is a two year old ewe and this was her first time lambing, never bred her before. She is my daughter's retired 4H show lamb, so as much as we worked with her to halter break her and get her show ready, is really a big pet!