Found an AWESOME barn plan

CESpeed

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I've decided on Berkshire pigs. Every breed I've chosen (Australorp chickens, Red Poll cattle, Berkshire pigs and Texel sheep) are known for being easy and docile. Coincidentally, they all have high marks for tastiness. :drool

My next door neighbor has goats so maybe we'll work out a trade.

I fell in love with the design because I figured if I have a large yard, they can have the best of both worlds. I have just shy of 4 acres. This bran would sit on 1 acre unless 1/4 acre wouldn't be big enough but from the responses I've gotten it should be.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:clap exciting I can't wait to see it come to fruition! :thumbsup

I wish I could take all my fencing out and redo it. We started small, but our farm just grew and grew so fast and we kept adding and adding more fencing. Too many "small" fields. :/ Everyone on here will tell you go BIGGER than what you think you will have .
It is inevitable...you more than likely will end up with more than you think. ;)

finns&fjords

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
CESpeed said:
I've decided on Berkshire pigs. Every breed I've chosen (Australorp chickens, Red Poll cattle, Berkshire pigs and Texel sheep) are known for being easy and docile. Coincidentally, they all have high marks for tastiness. :drool

My next door neighbor has goats so maybe we'll work out a trade.

I fell in love with the design because I figured if I have a large yard, they can have the best of both worlds. I have just shy of 4 acres. This bran would sit on 1 acre unless 1/4 acre wouldn't be big enough but from the responses I've gotten it should be.
Spike, our boar, is Berkshire. He's been good-natured and easy to handle as well.