Fur???

jktrahan

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That's the article i'm using as a guide. So-far, so-good. I fleshed it yesterday and it went very well. Have it soaking for the remainder of this week, then this coming weekend i'll start breaking the fibers. I'll update my blog if anyone is interested.

Does anyone have before and after pics or vids?

here is before and after of the hide for the fleshing step: Tanning Hide link

hoodat

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
If you can get access to an old dryer put the hides in when they are almost but not quite dry. Tumble them for a half hour or so with NO HEAT. The reason I say an old dryer is that some hair often stays in and will get on clothing you dry. That usually softens them up quite well.

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Try this link:

primitiveways.com/rabbit_skin_blanket.html ( it would not let me post the full link, so add the w w w . in front)

I have not personally tried it yet, but I plan to.

Shannon

rabbitlady4433

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I wonder if the people at the laundry mat would be mad if I took my hides there and used their dryer. hehehe

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
rabbitlady4433 said:
I wonder if the people at the laundry mat would be mad if I took my hides there and used their dryer. hehehe
No better or worse but probably better than the people that take their doggie bed blanket to the laundry to wash and dry... stinks to high heaven too !!!