fuzzi's "Gardens and Chickens...and Goats? Oh My!" Journal and More Thread

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Puttering, puttering.

Weather remains dry and fair. I am hoping it lasts a little longer so I can sand and stain the steps. Maybe when I am off on Friday?

Crawlspace guys came by last Saturday, laid the moisture barrier on the ground under the house, sealed up the vents, and installed the dehumidifier. Today the electrician hooked it up to a new breaker he installed. I'm happy, hoping it will help my allergies.
View attachment 112432

Had to call the plumber, too, as I couldn't get the sink in the half bath to drain. The drain snake he used kept going up the bathroom vent, so he went under the house and snaked the pipe and cleared the clog from there, yippee!

It's good to have a GOOD plumber.

No frost yet, probably not for a couple weeks. I planted the remaining collard seedlings, so all I am doing now is watering every couple days.
View attachment 112437

Chickens are still molting, getting one egg every other day from 6 hens, but the three pullets are growing big girl combs that are reddening.
View attachment 112433
Esther is a pretty girl!

I spent part of the weekend cleaning up the areas cleared by the tree guys. There are still so many roots, and I am trying to remove as many as possible so I can level the soil some.
View attachment 112434
⬆️ The area to the right of the shed door has been completed and raked. I will probably include some of this area in a goat enclosure, but don't want to twist an ankle in the meanwhile. Out, you nasty roots!
View attachment 112435

Amazon has a program where they send you free stuff and expect a review. They offered me a set of 42" electric fence stakes...and I thought "Why not? Price is right". Not sure how I will incorporate them, yet. Still looking, and thinking about possibilities every time I go out in the yard.

View attachment 112438

Happy pansy face!
View attachment 112436
So you're one of the Amazon Vine folks eh?! I have a friend who is-- OMG the tons of things she has gotten from that.

Latest posts