Getting Close?

RayofHopeFarms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We bought this doe and we are pretty sure she was pregnant when we got her. She has dramtically developed an udder the last couple of days. Anyone have any clue about when she will deliver?

IMAG1325.jpg

IMAG1326.jpg

IMAG1326.jpg

IMAG1328.jpg

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yep, she's close, that's for sure...

If they ever have a hoo hoo picture contest, you're for sure a winner!!

DonnaBelle

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
DonnaBelle said:
Yep, she's close, that's for sure...

If they ever have a hoo hoo picture contest, you're for sure a winner!!

DonnaBelle
:yuckyuck I was thinking the same thing. Hope she does have babe(s) soon. Can't wait for pictures. Can we see what she looks like?

RayofHopeFarms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I checked her this morning and no change but hopefully when hubby goes home at lunch we'll have a change! I did feel of her udder last night and a little milk came out so now its just a waiting game! This is driving us crazy since we didn't have a date and this is her first birth. I think we are excited and nervous all at the same time! As for the pictures those were very hard to get! My hubby held her so that I could get in close :lol:

I have attached some other pictures of Pistol. The other one in the pictures is our newest addition Miley. They are both still a little skidish of people but they are getting better everyday.

I will keep everyone posted on the progess!!!!

Thank you all for your replys!

IMAG1244.jpg

IMAG1252.jpg

IMAG1262.jpg

IMAG1327.jpg

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't know. Enya looked like that for a month or so before she delivered. You could have a little while it just depends on the doe.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am thinking she has a little while still, her udder looks like it has plenty of room to grow, Some does get much looser looking vulvas than others. Her belly looks high to be and things don't look saggy enough around her hips. then again she could proove me wrong and kid in the next couple of days.

CrazyChickenLady

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Have you tried checking the ligaments? Squeeze gently with your thump and pointer finger of either hand, you will feel on the sidea of the spine with one finger on each side. Thumb on right pointer on left etc. Right above the tail, it will be very squishy, if you continue to move along up toward the back, you will feel a thick almost bone but softer, 'thing' on either side. This should be about 2-5 inches from the tail. If you go a little more up, you will fell a spot that is a little squishy. All of this will happen within a week-a few days of kidding. If the 'thing' (stated above) is not there and from about 1-7 inches from the tail will be squishy all the way to were the bones stick out. :rant</end rant> Ok. I'm done talking :D

Latest posts