Ginger's Lambing Thread :)

Tuesday

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Although I'm new to this too, the telltale sign for my girls was the color of their vulva changed. It became a rosy pink color instead of the lighter pink it had been. The other signs were there but when I noticed the color change it ws within the next 24hrs.
Good luck!

AgnesGinger

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I think they are just enjoying tormenting me! Ewe #1 vulva has changed a little darker almost purplely. Ewe #2 has no change udder is a bit more enlarged than before who knows. When I let my guard down they will be here maybe I will stay away from the barn this afternoon. Instead of bothering them lol. They do enjoy their scratches and treats though!

AgnesGinger

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
FINALLY 1 baby ram lamb today! Mom isn't liking him too much but is finally letting him nurse after a bit. I think she is done after the one but is still a bit chunky.

8704_wp_001973.jpg

He is so stinking cute!

doxiemoxie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
AWWWWW! how cute! :weee Congrats!

The first day or two of nursing is kind of hard on the moms. The suckling causes uterine contractions and sometimes the udder is really full and its hard to get the milk to let down.

AgnesGinger

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
He is big! He is finally getting the hang of nursing thank goodness his momma is coming around I didn't want a bottle baby yet lol.