Goat feeding techniques to make it 100KG+

Bakra

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score

Bakra

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
These are quite expensive too.... price ranges from $5000-$15000 though some are sold for much higher rates.

Bakra

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
kstaven said:
How many Kg would that one weigh?
Don't really know, but I have seen Paki bulls on the net which weigh over 2000kgs, don't know if the claimed weight is true.. But many are easily 1000+kg.
And we also have this small breed in the North, which at 3years is only about 2monnes/80kg and as tall as a goat.

Bakra

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Guys here are some pics of goats, a bull and a horse, from Murree, a popular hill-station here:
isbmurree037.jpg

isbmurree045.jpg

isbmurree048.jpg

isbmurree069.jpg

isbmurree075.jpg

I decided to pet it :)
isbmurree082.jpg

Bakra

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
and the cow should be weighing somewhere b/w 100-120kg
And the price of a cow/bull of this size is around $400 -500 here. What are the prices at your end?

Bakra

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I went again to take pics of the bulls, also went to the CATTLE MARKET and saw many many goats, sheeps and bulls.
bakrey017.jpg

bakrey016.jpg

bakrey015.jpg

bakrey015.jpg

Do you have sheeps like this at your end? They have a fat reservoir at their rear side.
bakrey013.jpg

assortment of goats
bakrey010.jpg

$250
bakrey011.jpg

Beetal Buck $250
bakrey012.jpg

another Beetal Buck $250
bakrey006.jpg

$350 for this buck
bakrey007.jpg

the miniature bulls I was talking about.... the size of a large goat, but prices were too high
bakrey008.jpg

another small 3 year old bull
bakrey009.jpg

Did you like the pics?

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Your photography skills are great! I particularly like the first set of photos from the hill station.

The market looks very interesting. People pay a lot of money for livestock. The bulls are beautiful. The sheep look very odd with the fat on the backside. We don't have any like that here.

Why do they have paint on them? Is that to mark them for sale or to distinguish the owner?

Bakra

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Glad you liked the pics.
People are willing to spend a lot on these animals because they want to sacrifice the best and most beautiful animal they can afford, though the prices are too high nowadays, going up each year and hardly the rich people can afford these.
The sheep with fat on the backside are called "DUMBA" locally. A famous and large sheep breed we have here is "KAJLA CHATRA or simply KAJLA". Kajlas do not have this fat reservoir.
I think some people paint on them to mark their ownership by painting different patterns... but they are mostly for beautification, along with these 'necklaces' and other stuff.