GOAT HOUSE PICS PLEASE

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I don't have goats, but these are the shelters I have for my sheep:

The "Sheep Shack" -- 4x8x8 shelter made of plywood. Recently had an 8x8 addition onto it so it is now 8x16.
DSCN0002.JPG

The "Sheep Shack" addition:
DSCN0044.JPG

This is the "Sheep Apartment/Condo" -- It is 4x4x4. It also had an addition put on it (very temporary addition), so it is 4x4x8.
IMG_4098.JPG

The addition on the "Sheep Apartment" -- kind of hard to see, but we laid a piece of plywood along the back of it, along the side, and along the top. So there are two sections they can go in.
DSCN0029.JPG

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
10x10 shed attaché to back of garage. Use to be for the lawn mowers & yard equipment. Works very well for my small goat family.
039.jpg

Hangtown Farms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am looking for a small free or cheap shed locally figured i could disassemble it and build it where the goats would be
10x10 would be a good size

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am looking for a small free or cheap shed locally figured i could disassemble it and build it where the goats would be
10x10 would be a good size
was looking on u-tube and saw some sheds and chicken coops made out of dis-assembled pallets. That might be a possibility for you.

Kathleen White

Herd lurker
Reaction score
I am new to these forums and am very interested to see other peoples goat houses. I am currently doing research into getting a couple of kinder goats but as I do not have a huge amount of space I was thinking about making a raised house for them with a ramp and high fences to make the most of the floor space. Do you think this would work?

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about floor space. Goats and sheep don't require a lot of space. As long as you're willing to provide feed for them and pick up manure, two goats (and more, even) will be fine in a 16x16 pen with a small shelter.