GOAT HOUSE PICS PLEASE

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here is ours front view, rear entrance with goat bridge, hay loft, and the pic of the kidding stall which now has a door (this is an older pic) and the hay/supply stall next door to it. The other half is open for the goats to take shelter during rain, cold & storms. barn.jpg loft.jpg edited to add the pics that didn't load the first time.

Attachments

• bridge2.jpg
    bridge2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 222
  • hayroomkidd.jpg
    hayroomkidd.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 194

MsDeb

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I wont go into info I provided in intro but we currently have loaner goats set up in a temporary electric fence to graze and clear out a fence/tree line. We want to get a couple of small goats, pygmy maybe, and I had been wondering if we needed to provide grazing area for them. The replies above don't seem to indicate that is necessary. Will a small warm shed for winter connected to a pen and plenty of feed work ok then? We want them as yard companions when we are home but I want them to be safe and content when we are at work.

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I wont go into info I provided in intro but we currently have loaner goats set up in a temporary electric fence to graze and clear out a fence/tree line. We want to get a couple of small goats, pygmy maybe, and I had been wondering if we needed to provide grazing area for them. The replies above don't seem to indicate that is necessary. Will a small warm shed for winter connected to a pen and plenty of feed work ok then? We want them as yard companions when we are home but I want them to be safe and content when we are at work.
For just a couple of goats this will work fine. Just make sure they have plenty of hay and/or greens to munch on when penned up. I currently have 6 goats. 4 adults & 2 babies. I have them a good size pen and a 12X12 shed to confine them when I am not available. I make sure they have plenty of water buckets to drink from, hay(because grazing within pen is limited) and I cut brush and toss it in the pen when I know I am going to be gone or really to busy to supervise properly. All my goats love to free range and I do this as frequent as possible. We have two large fields available for this purpose. I, however, make sure they are within my sight at all times when free ranging. They have pretty much learned to stay together. Available grazing within the pen would be a better choice. I am still working on expanding their pen to include plenty of fresh grass. The more they have to graze upon the more content they will be. This leads to less chance that they are looking for escape routes. LOL.

Ginny

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Mine like to have their own house they each have a Igloo dog house. That's the way they like it. I also keep a bowl of food in each one. They are a little spoiled.