Goat Moaning while I milk her

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My 7 1/2 year old Doe has recently started moaning as if in pain while I milk her. It is just a soft moan but I am concerned. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
I haven't had it happen to me yet but maybe she is in pain. Does she fight you or anything?
I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps a low grade mastitis? Did you check for hot spots on her udder? Another approach would be to check to see if she pulled a muscle near her udder attachment. It could be that she got caught on something.

In any case, she needs a good thorough hands on examination by you.

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
thank you.....thank you

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, I have no clue. She stopped moaning. She is at the breeders now and still being milked with no more moaning. I will watch her closely when she gets back home next week. Thanks :)

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Bedste said:
Well, I have no clue. She stopped moaning. She is at the breeders now and still being milked with no more moaning. I will watch her closely when she gets back home next week. Thanks :)
Oh, she's in heat! :gig

My girls make those moaning sounds when they're in heat. You were, um...how to put this delicately? Making her feel good? :gig

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
SkyWarrior said:
Bedste said:

My girls make those moaning sounds when they're in heat. You were, um...how to put this delicately? Making her feel good? :gig
AAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Bedste said:
SkyWarrior said:
Bedste said:

AAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!
:yuckyuck :lol: :gig