Goat poop

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you give her probiotics, I would just use THIS from TSC. I wouldn't be trying to get her to take anything she isn't used to, other then the probiotics of course. It comes in a paste too. I just mix the powder with a little water and drench the goat.

When a goat is having weird poo (mostly if they have scours) the best thing is to just give hay. NO grain. If she is having irritation issues giving grain that she hasn't been on for a while would do more harm than good.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agree with Goat Whisperer... grain nah anytime there is intestinal distress stay away from grain/pellet feed- as far as the other probios are good ... most yogurt unless raw does not have enough good stuff to make a difference.

If this is still like this with the mucous I'd run a fecal in.

Dogma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Some happy news. :) her poops are back to normal. Woohoo. I did move up her appointment to next week for us and fecal. Just want to be sure my babies are ok!!! Thank you all for your help. The probiotic were out of stock, but I'll order them to have on hand. I appreciate all the help. :)

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Glad to hear she is looking better. I would suspect a parasite, cocci might be hanging around. When we have had mucusy poos in the past, that has been the culprit. She might be fighting them off and the is good, but you may need to help her a bit with a nice sulfa. The fecal will tell.