Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Furnace is running. When I left at 7:10 this morning it was 30 degrees out! Garden is done. I was ready for it to be done. Suppose to go down to 28 tonight so here I wouldn't be surprised to see low to mid 20s.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
brrrrrrrrr your going to get a hard killing frost/freeze.when do you have your 1st freeze.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Normally we've had it by now. It got cold enough to kill tender vegitation lastnight and the rest will probably go tonight. There is nothing normal about our weather this year! :rolleyes:

There is still alot of soybeans on the fields. Guys are chopping corn. Usually this stuff is off. I know our corn is usually chopped the first week of September.

They are calling rain starting Sunday aft and going through Tues. May get up to 2 inches. We do need it real bad for the water tables but, I feel for those trying to get in the crops yet. I'm glad ours is off. Fall tillage would be nice but, if it's to wet for it it's not so bad as trying to get the crops off.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i hear you there.its hard to get the crops in when your running against the weather.so you do have all your hay up for the year.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hay is made. Only hay that comes off here this time of the year is green chopped or there's some that chop it and mix it with the corn.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
nono.gif

I'm never ready for winter! There is winterizing things to do yet. I have the chicken run to wrap in plastic and the rabbit runs gate to do. The heifers need to be moved around into their winter quarters. Garden cleaned out. Just to name a few.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
you forgot 1 thing.an thats move your heavy bred heifers when you can watch them.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nope. They stay out with the almost breeding size and up until about a month out and then they get brought into the barn-ideally anyway. Sometimes you have to make room for them first.