Hay Bags - Good or bad?

porkchop48

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Not hay nets... Hay bags is what i will be using.

I am going to order a few and see how they go. I will take the advice and make sure they are ung up high enough that they can reach but not necessarily play in.

Thank you for your opinions and advice.

Stormyknitter

Just born
Reaction score
I use a thing that, around here, is meant for sheep. It's a bag with a tight mesh bottom and canvas sides. There's a round hole cut in one side, and the top has hooks on each side. The goats do well with them (I have two), except that the boys tend to pull theirs off the wall and play with it when it's empty. They haven't messed the bag up yet, though. I stuff theirs FULL to try and prevent this, but boys will be boys. I can't use a hard hay feeder of any kind because the monster boys will pull all the hay out of it and spread it all around the stall and then try to climb it. The girls, OTOH, eat the hay out of theirs and don't seem to want to play football with it....

Carolle

SassyKat6181

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I use that same style bag, with the hole in the front and the 2 clips. My girls love it, and I've never had a problem with it. It's nice too because occassionally I'll run it through the washing machine. :D