HEAT!!!

_sonshine_

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
This is my first experience with a buck....well I thought it was strange when I put food out for my buck he didnt eat. Later on I walked down by the buck pin and Bella followed me and he was acting like a goon :p tongue flapping/ hanging out, blowing out of his nose, stomping his feet, it was kinda funny. I knew 2 of my girls would be in heat soon and their tails were wet. I turned them out with him and waited for a while but saw nothing so I left them with him. They have never been bred and he is old, one girl was a lil more responsive to him but the other girl just ran away. I hope they get bred this is all new to me :cool:

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I just went through this too....my buck didn't eat much when he was "in the mood" and it took him awhile to talk the ladies into doing his bidding. He kept getting partway there and they would just walk away. I made sure they got a second chance with him 18-22 days later in case it did not happen the first time. I don't think they came back in heat though which is how you tell if they took.

He had to pee on himself alot (ewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!) and they seemed to really respond to that and become interested in him. Gross, I know. But that is what did it. They could not resist his yucky buck smell. Even my wether likes it.
I think your girls must be in heat as it sounds like he thinks they are. Keep track of your dates so you know when the babies will be born, 150 days later approx. after breeding.
Now my buck is eating enough to make up for the days he did not eat, trust me!

_sonshine_

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I thought he was going to starve to death for a while. About a week after the girls were done he started to eat again :D I have a girl in heat now so we have started all over again :p but I know he will eat again lol