Hello from Central Texas

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from So Cal! (eons ago from N IL -- didn't like the snow, cold and tornados).
Just sheep, dogs, and chickens here. LOL I've read to many goat escapade stories here to take that jump - though they are dang cute.
I think you'll find the group here to be wonderful. Everyone is knowledgeable and helpful - a fantastic resource. And of course we are all great at ....... enabling. Want more goats we'll back you up, want to try cows, pigs, sheep, whatever - of course we'll all chime in DO IT ! :lol:
Welcome to the herd.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from So Cal! (eons ago from N IL -- didn't like the snow, cold and tornados).
Just sheep, dogs, and chickens here. LOL I've read to many goat escapade stories here to take that jump - though they are dang cute.
I think you'll find the group here to be wonderful. Everyone is knowledgeable and helpful - a fantastic resource. And of course we are all great at ....... enabling. Want more goats we'll back you up, want to try cows, pigs, sheep, whatever - of course we'll all chime in DO IT ! :lol:
Welcome to the herd.
Yeah this group is responsible for the pigs here, still waiting on one to help feed them. :gig

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are on 1 acre would really enjoy more. I find the city has less and less to offer. We bought our home 20 years ago and that, I believe, is the only reason I can have my little hobby farmish lifestyle... I am originally from Michigan, the cold is not really my thing.
This sounds so much like me! We are originally from Michigan too. And we bought our 4 acre place 20 years ago, but now it is surrounded by HOA neighborhoods. And my little hobby farmish lifestyle can only have poultry, which I am trying to maximize since it’s all I’ve got. And I found BYC first and it was my lifeline. Then I found BYH, and I like the pace here better. Not sure when or if I will ever get herd animals. DH says never…🤭

When we moved here, I was proud of my Michigan cold tolerance. Indiana was way too hot! But I’ve acclimated and I just wouldn’t want to move north again. But Indiana is still way too hot, so, pretty narrow parameters for finding our dream retirement farm.

:welcome

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
This sounds so much like me! We are originally from Michigan too. And we bought our 4 acre place 20 years ago, but now it is surrounded by HOA neighborhoods. And my little hobby farmish lifestyle can only have poultry, which I am trying to maximize since it’s all I’ve got. And I found BYC first and it was my lifeline. Then I found BYH, and I like the pace here better. Not sure when or if I will ever get herd animals. DH says never…🤭

When we moved here, I was proud of my Michigan cold tolerance. Indiana was way too hot! But I’ve acclimated and I just wouldn’t want to move north again. But Indiana is still way too hot, so, pretty narrow parameters for finding our dream retirement farm.

:welcome
I tell my daughter all the time to try to get on the board of her HOA so she can try to make changes for all of her neighbors too. The are a little over the top I feel.
Thank you for the welcome.

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome to the herd.
Thank you for the welcome
I am looking forward to seeing all this site has to offer.