Hello

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from east Texas where it’s scorching hot, dry, drought and a darn good reminder. A reminder of what you ask? That we don’t want to spend eternity in a hot place like this! Hahaha!

I know and understand chicken math. Just bought a fantastic chicken tractor on a trailer so I can get chickens again. And so it begins again…….

I also practice sheep math. I’m at the number of “I don’t know.” But it’s below 40! I have however, calculated ( it was difficult because my East Texas Calculator (flip flops) only goes up to the number of 20) anyway, I have calculated with sweat drops on my forehead, that I will have 27 breeding ewes for next year. Then more lambs, then save more ewes, then more lambs, then save more ewes…… I am diseased.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Virginia.
I started with chickens... ONLY going to have 6!!! By the time I had 30 hens, I had gotten, and gotten rid of 3 goats, & added a 'full time' cow who adds her own carbon copy every other year.
One of my hopes is to one day add a donkey :love I LOVE the brays

AlaskanLion

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from Central Indiana. Originally from Michigan (Southeast and Southwest) Whereabouts are you?
We're in Oakland county (Heartland area), we started with 6 chickens... Now we have 20 egg layers and are getting ready for broilers next. Just got our Lilly (mini donkey) a month ago.. So far so good!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from the western part of Va.... I had chickens in 4-H at 12... been at it a LOOOOOOONG time. Stated in Conn... moved to Va in 1981... couple different place... DS moved down with me after he got out of high school in 91... we run a larger operation than many on here with a cow/calf operation...family milk/nurse cows, sheep, and more chickens.... have had just about every "farm animal" there is at one time or another... But I am a "homesteader" at heart.
Please go to your name on top right, down to account details, and put in your general location (state, etc) so it shows up in your avatar and us "in our prime adults" (say older mature people:old:old) can remember where you are when you post.....you see what most of us have in there.... helps when someone asks for some advice and it is geared to cold snowy winters or hot blazing summers like poor @Baymule and others in TX....

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from VA.....COASTAL area, think VA Beach😁

I'm inland enough to be away from where I spent many, many years on the beaches. Now it's goats for me. But raised mini horses & donks for years. Loved my minis! They came in after the riding size.🤣

Were a pretty diverse group of farm & animal people. Glad you found us.