HELP! Early Birth!!!

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
themrslove said:
Thank you for the response! I am not for sure for sure when her due date should have been. She ran with our buck for 5 weeks starting November 7th, 2010. But yes, a couple of weeks away still.

We have one more doe due that was bred by the same buck who should be due the same time Maybell would have been. We will get her started on oxy. We have cats, but they are all inside. We do have a more aggressive doe that could have knocked her around...so that is a possible that a trauma caused her to abort.

We will keep her separated and separate our other bred doe, as well just in case.

Maybell is separated right now, muching on hay and grass but obviously upset about her babes. The doeling would have been beautiful...a dark red buckskin with splashes of white and big moonspots on her hind quarters. However, this buck always throws gorgeous kids.
I am sorry I know how frustrating it is.

themrslove

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. :hugs

We have one more bred doe due about a month from now. Hoping for better results for her! :fl

KellyHM

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing the pics, for a learning experience if nothing else, if you don't mind.

themrslove

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
WARNING: Picture below is a little sad and graphic...do not keep scrolling if you are sensitive to goat tragedy.

This is the twins. They were precious for the little bit of time we had them. :)
The dark one was a little doeling, the white tri color was a little buckling.

ETA: They were both still alive for this picture, so that makes it a bit easier to look at.

3212_img00158-20110323-1829.jpg

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How sad they had beautiful markings. I will let someone with more experience in premies give you an idea of how old. I do know that a friend just lost a set of twins and she showed them to me after they died (her first babies this year also). Yours look younger, less hair, thinner legs etc. Hers would have been born the first week of April and they were born early last week.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Those are very early, I would say atleast a month and no way they would have survived.

Sorry.