HELP TRAINING!!

AnnaBell&EltsieMae

Just born
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I am a new shower for my FFA chapter at my High School, and I have a Boer/Kiko cross. She is a sweet,loving, spoiled rotten bottle baby, who thinks she is a dog. I am currently trying to train her with a rope halter. She is extremly stubburn. When I am trying to walk her, she won't hardly move unless we are going in the direction she wants to go, and even then she pulls some. She cries, and it sounds so sad!! What are some tips that i can try to get her to be more willing to train? Thanks!!

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Treats, repeating, and determination. You need to show her you are the boss, guide her with treats and DON'T stop! :D

(And a little pat on the bottom helps alot too... :lol: ;) )

AnnaBell&EltsieMae

Just born
Reaction score
I have tried giving her little bits of feed when she walks for a bit really well, but it doesnt seem to be working. And she is so spoiled that when i pop her butt, she looks at me like im crazy! And doesn't respond to it!! Thanks for the advise!

mama24

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sounds like you are still treating her like your baby! Time to take charge and teach her who's boss. You'll both be happier for it!

GoatGirl <3

Just born
Reaction score
Just take it slow. Don't pull on the lead rope, they will just pull back. Put a treat out in front of her and make her walk the direction you want to go, after she has gone a few steps give her the treat. Do that every day but increase the amount of steps she takes each day. Soon enough she will go where ever you want her to, but be sure to always give her a treat after you work with her so she knows she did the right thing. Goats are suckers for treats. ;)