Hera's Story

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hera did EXTREMELY well at the vet today. She got a pair of hot dogs as treat and hanging out with sheep in pen.
P_20240122_085918.jpg
Hera does have an old ACL injury on her right hind. Vet says it is healed decently but she is getting arthritis in that knee and hip. Vet gave me some antiinflammatories to try with her.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sister in law has a dog with arthritis and gives her some chews that she gets from Amazon. A whole lot cheaper than anywhere else she as found, and dog is a live wire, active and it’s really helped her.

I’ll get you a link for it.

Turmeric is one of the best anti inflammatories for arthritis. It sure helped me pain wise before I got knee replacement. You could try the capsules , open and sprinkle on her food.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've used CBD oil for arthritis in my old dogs - but it's made just for dogs and a friend grows and produces it.
It's called That'll Do by Orso Farms.
here's a link:
IMG_3165.jpeg

And it has a money back guarantee. Worth a shot if you want to try it.
When my friend does things he does it right, no short cuts. He also grows organic carrots for Campbells, and organic garlic for Christopher.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good job not to punish her for getting out of fence. She is so new that she does not know where the perimeter to protect ends. Probably was running off predator or checking n where a predator had been prowling.

Check fence for any loose wire that could be pushed under. Probably did not jump over anywhere due to ACL injury. With constant rain fences can be undermined and washed out fast without you knowing due to height of water. Then water sinks into ground and presto! Giant hole. With her going in a straight line north across neighbor's property, she may have been chasing a coyote or stray dog. Coyotes will dig in under fences after lambs and sheep. Does that Tractive show or give any idea how fast the dog is traveling? If she was chasing off a predator she would be running. Running inside the fence could have been watching the predator until it came in or she felt she had to leave property to chase it off. If there is a large hole or area where fencing has come loose and she can push through she might leave. If you had her from a pup she would probably come back once she dealt with predator. Most Anatolians are not big on wandering like Pyrs. You will probably have to be on fence patrol every day or so now to make sure fences are secure. A hot wire near bottom about 12" in from fence may work to keep her from digging any holes herself.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hera is a hero! She saved my little ewe lamb, Cinnamon from something.

Cinnamon is covered in slobber and limping. Full check will be done when hubby can help separate from mama Blaze. She is understandably riled up. Everyone is locked up till I fix fence again.

Hera chased critter off property then got a little lost I think. She wandered up to neighborhood lady that called me same time Tractive alerted. Hubby called her name from the house and she came straight home. I just had to help her in the gate. Track is just before until neighbor's call.
Screenshot_20240125-165957354~3.jpg

Last edited: