Herd Master
Reaction score
... a week of not having any part of me numb from cold
... a week where I could sleep past dawn
FB_IMG_1701912947942.jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Supposedly Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow so we are due for an early spring... Yeah, like I am going to take the word of a furry varmint that digs holes under the foundations of the outbuildings, and sneaks in the garden and eats my half grown nice vegetables... NOPE... I'll just shoot him and any of his arrogant relatives and take my chances on 6 more weeks of winter...

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Driving through Franklin TX with outer bands of hurricane Rita hitting, couldn't see the drop down from 45 to 35 mph due to blinding rain. Not a problem, Barney Fife sure could see me doing 10 over when he started tailing me, second speeding ticket and last one I ever got back in '05.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is a town outside of Lufkin called Alto. Alto means stop in Spanish and they will stop you in Alto! When we lived in Livingston and daughter and family lived in Tyler, we would meet in Alto to get our granddaughter for the weekend. The city secretary recognized my husband’s voice when he called.

BJ; Miss Jennie!
Miss Jennie; Mr Heathcote, did you get ANOTHER ticket?

I got a ticket, granddaughter and I were singing Grandma got run over by a reindeer at the top of our lungs and I didn’t slow down. BJ called, paid it and I got deferred adjudication. He got several tickets, within the time period of deferred adjudication, but he was so charming that Miss Jennie gave him deferred adjudication anyway. Son in law got a ticket, BJ called Miss Jennie, paid ticket and DSIL got deferred adjudication too.

Alto. Stop City. One 4 way stop sign. No traffic lights unless you count the flashing school zone light.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is a town outside of Lufkin called Alto. Alto means stop in Spanish and they will stop you in Alto! When we lived in Livingston and daughter and family lived in Tyler, we would meet in Alto to get our granddaughter for the weekend. The city secretary recognized my husband’s voice when he called.

BJ; Miss Jennie!
Miss Jennie; Mr Heathcote, did you get ANOTHER ticket?

I got a ticket, granddaughter and I were singing Grandma got run over by a reindeer at the top of our lungs and I didn’t slow down. BJ called, paid it and I got deferred adjudication. He got several tickets, within the time period of deferred adjudication, but he was so charming that Miss Jennie gave him deferred adjudication anyway. Son in law got a ticket, BJ called Miss Jennie, paid ticket and DSIL got deferred adjudication too.

Alto. Stop City. One 4 way stop sign. No traffic lights unless you count the flashing school zone light.
I know the town, been through it a many times.