Hi newbi here

hootyup93

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
:welcome I'm in Va. Love to look at rabbits, love the fur on the Rex.... too tender hearted to kill them but would love a coat with their fur.... OH WELL:idunno.

We have cattle, sheep, chickens, gardens.....
I'm not getting rid of them. I'm in the process of getting cages for them.

hootyup93

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
No
They are my pets. How big of a cage do I need for 3? I was thinking of getting dog cages and use fish net to catch them.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Stroke their ears back, then grab ears and scruff of neck, cradle hindquarters, with other hand, turn over and look for testicles. Or just take to vet for them the sex. If they were all running together, they may be neutered. Females can come into heat and fight each other. But maybe these have been raised together and will not fight.

Dog cages? Like a dog crate? The holes would be big enough for them to get a leg through and possibly break a leg. Plus it wouldn’t be heavy enough to support them.

Where are you going to put them? In a garage? Other building or just outside somewhere? You have to consider heat and cold. They can handle cold but need shelter from the wind.

Google wire rabbit cages and you will find a lot of choices. Rabbit wire for the bottom is designed to let droppings pass through but be safe for their feet. They are designed to hang from a rafter or ceiling. 30”x30” is the size for a single rabbit. Some cages are 30”x 36”. You may find a double cage that would be longer and could remove the divider. Or purchase 3 cages and hang them next to each other. There are feeders for pellets that hang on the cage and water bottles that also hang on the cage.

hootyup93

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Stroke their ears back, then grab ears and scruff of neck, cradle hindquarters, with other hand, turn over and look for testicles. Or just take to vet for them the sex. If they were all running together, they may be neutered. Females can come into heat and fight each other. But maybe these have been raised together and will not fight.

Dog cages? Like a dog crate? The holes would be big enough for them to get a leg through and possibly break a leg. Plus it wouldn’t be heavy enough to support them.

Where are you going to put them? In a garage? Other building or just outside somewhere? You have to consider heat and cold. They can handle cold but need shelter from the wind.

Google wire rabbit cages and you will find a lot of choices. Rabbit wire for the bottom is designed to let droppings pass through but be safe for their feet. They are designed to hang from a rafter or ceiling. 30”x30” is the size for a single rabbit. Some cages are 30”x 36”. You may find a double cage that would be longer and could remove the divider. Or purchase 3 cages and hang them next to each other. There are feeders for pellets that hang on the cage and water bottles that also hang on the cage.
I really want to bring them inside. I was considering one of these. The only problem is cleaning up their potty mess. I would have to use litter box or puppy pads. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241026_203658_Temu.jpg
    Screenshot_20241026_203658_Temu.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20241027_101322_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241027_101322_Chrome.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts