High Desert Cowboy- How far is it up north?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
The ram walks funny, like he’s tip toeing on his front feet I’ve never seen something like that before
Contracted flexor tendons?

Sometimes happens with calves and in extreme cases, they walk on their fetlock and sometimes need surgery, but in most milder cases, it corrects itself in a few days to a couple of weeks.
They look like this most of the time:
contracted flexor.jpg

This would be a severe case that needed surgery to correct:
flexsurgery.jpg

I assume any 4 legged animal can have the same or similar problem.

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So not much has gotten done around here for the last couple weeks. I had some serious chest pain just after the ram lamb was born and my neighbor had to run me to the hospital while my wife stayed home with the kids. Several hours and a million tests later I got the good news that I wasn’t having a heart attack (chest pain, difficulty breathing, and my arm went numb) but I do have inflammation in the cartilage in my chest causing the problems. I’ve had to take it “easy” and take anti-inflammatories. I did manage to get the new ram lamb wethered and docked his tail with the help of some friends, and Saturday I was feeling well enough to go shear the yearling ewe. Poor girl looked miserable in the heat and she had quite the fleece on her.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use a paste of powdered turmeric and coconut oil for inflammation. I have arthritis in my left knee that flares up and is painful. The turmeric is anti-inflammatory, in 30 minutes, I can feel the pain subsiding. It tastes awful, don't try to dissolve it in liquid, that just makes it worse. Have a drink to chase it down. I take a teaspoon full of the paste.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use a paste of powdered turmeric and coconut oil for inflammation. I have arthritis in my left knee that flares up and is painful. The turmeric is anti-inflammatory, in 30 minutes, I can feel the pain subsiding. It tastes awful, don't try to dissolve it in liquid, that just makes it worse. Have a drink to chase it down. I take a teaspoon full of the paste.
Maybe you could hide it in a piece of bread.