High Desert Cowboy- How far is it up north?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Best wishes for no further complications for the wife with the pregnancy. :fl Sorry she's having a rough go of it. You know it's all your fault of course, right? Sorry about losing the ram, but nobody needs an aggressive animal to deal with, especially with kids. Glad you're catching a breather to get some work done.

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
When it’s all said and done I’ll have about 5000+ sows, mostly largewhite/landrace crosses with some purebred large white. Usually about double that in piglets at any given time, our first gilts are set to farrow Sunday but I’ll probably see some this evening or tomorrow

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I expect pork prices to drop in the next few weeks/months due to the new tariffs on certain exports. There was already a global pork glut from last year, so I sure don't expect domestic prices to hold steady or increase. Ground soybean prices may tank as well.

In a few months tho, as domestic pork production decreases, the price/100wt will naturally go up, so by August, things may be looking better for US pork producers.