Horrible situation *worse update

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
so sorry, wonder if she had been pushing off and on for the last three days, and it did'nt get noticed? I am sorry of your lost.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:hugs - that is horrible. How old are your kids (sorry if you mentioned that before). Hard way to learn a life lesson. So are you still bringing the goat kids home? Is the seller giving you a refund. I think she should give you pretty hefty refund as now you will have bottle babies on your hands. Do you really want twin bucklings? I don't remember your reason for getting goats. Milk, Food, pets, ec.

Just my two cents.

So sorry for your loss.

PotterWatch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
ThreeBoysChicks said:
:hugs - that is horrible. How old are your kids (sorry if you mentioned that before). Hard way to learn a life lesson. So are you still bringing the goat kids home? Is the seller giving you a refund. I think she should give you pretty hefty refund as now you will have bottle babies on your hands. Do you really want twin bucklings? I don't remember your reason for getting goats. Milk, Food, pets, ec.

Just my two cents.

So sorry for your loss.
My kids are 10 and 11. My 10yo is definitely going to take it hard. He is very sensitive and was crying yesterday when we were there. I'm not looking forward to telling him (they were asleep by the time I found out). I don't know what is going to happen yet. I definitely did not want bottle babies, especially bucklings, as we got goats for milk. I know that there is that risk with any birth, but this really stinks! The breeder did say at one point yesterday that if the doe died, she would give us a refund or let us choose another doe. I'm not sure if she really meant it or not since after that she kept emphasizing how we had already purchased the doe and she was completely ours. I don't know yet what the vet bill will be either. I'll have to call her today to find out what is going to happen now. What a mess. :(