Horrible tragedy :-(

StacyV

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We woke up to a horrible tragedy on our farm. My fiance went out to feed animals (I had already left for work). When he got to the pasture he noticed there were 4 dogs in the pasture. They took off when they saw him. All 5 of our goats had been killed. They had also been in the chicken coop and killed many chickens and turkeys. I am so sad! We raised all of our animals as pets. My youngest goat was a bottle baby and raised in the house with us. Its just such a sad situation.

My fiance followed the dogs onlly to find out that they were abandoned by a farmer that had moved. So they were starving. Its just survival instinct. We have called the animal control and they will be picking them up. Terrible situation!

TxMom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
OMGosh, that is so horrible...I am so sorry :hugs

I don't understand how people can abandon animals like that...just leave them to starve... :he If they can't take them with them, then why not just take them to the SPCA (or whatever is local)???

StacyV

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I don't understand either. On one hand I am feeling horrible about my animals but then you have to feel sorry for those dogs. They were starving. Just left alone to fend for themselves. I think the person who moved out should be liable. I wonder if they investigate that at all?

bheila

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:( I'm so sorry to hear about your animals being put through something like that, it's so sad :hugs I'd sure like to try to find your former neighbor and wring his neck :smack

ohiofarmgirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
oh no! thats so awful.. you must be sick. a bad situation all around. tons of people are leaving or dumping their animals... its horrible.

have yourself a good cry then keep on keepin on...

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yellowrosebouquet.jpg

Did you call your local law enforcement and inquire about whether or not the former owners of the dogs can be held liable or if charges can be brought against them?

norcal

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:hit :(
I'm sorry you both had to go through that. So sad. Makes me want to electrify my whole 5 acre perimeter (which I can't do, as I'm broke).

Animal Control came & got them right?