Horse Pictures

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Kute, having a horse is a big responsibility. They can be a pain in the rear at times like goats, and I'm doubtful if your Mom'll let you even consider getting one.

Edit: they are nice to look at though. :)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WildRoseBeef said:
Kute, having a horse is a big responsibility. They can be a pain in the rear at times like goats, and I'm doubtful if your Mom'll let you even consider getting one.

Actually, she has had guidelines set into getting one. So far she isn't old enough to have met them apparently. Horses are a big responsibity and one that she will have to be ready to take on before we will talk further about it.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
WildRoseBeef said:

Actually, she has had guidelines set into getting one. So far she isn't old enough to have met them apparently. Horses are a big responsibity and one that she will have to be ready to take on before we will talk further about it.
Guidelines are good. :) Another thing with horses is that if one wants to have one they have to find a way to make a use of them instead of as pasture ornaments or riding pleasures if one wants to make money off of them to compensate for the expenses they create with hay, straw, facilities and other things like saddles, leads, etc.

If I were to get one I probably won't know what to do with it except ride the "range" and keep the grass down along with the cows, nothing more. Plus it'd be a huge learning curve for me as well.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Here is my new QH (working ranch horse, he is great with the cattle and ranch sorting/team penning)
Leo, he is 15.2
IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0088-1.jpg

my (now passed away) appendix QH mare, Emmy Lou. We had to put her down last summer, she had severe Navicular. She was 16.3
emmystanding.jpg

Here is my draft cross Merlin, he is now close to 17 hands
Merlleft.jpg

can't forget my 2 mini's, Stormy 33 inches 5 years old
stormy3.jpg

and Ricky, 37 inches, 20 years old
Ricky.jpg

appytaz

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Nice looking horses everyone!!

Here are my "Backyard Brats":