How do you fence in your outdoor Pot Belly Pig?

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks for the great idea's....So what i am thinking is to take down the chicken wire( i had it up there for the bunnies...who dont like to eat weeds..:/.)and put up the other wire and maybe put up " T ' bars(metal bars) on the inside to have something to tie it up to....also I'll bury it...Would a foot down be okay...? and I'll throw in plenty of rocks...thanks again....Love the photos!!!! Miron28 and thanks Farmy Just want to make sure I have everything lined up ...I have been working on hubby slowly ....:/

farmy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
you're welcome! Good luck with the hubby, and yeah I think a foot would be good just to be cautious!

Fainter

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am looking for some fence/pig talk so this looks like a good thread.

I do not yet have any pigs. I have a heritage farm and am looking to incorporate more heritage breeds of animals to help me with the organic vegetable aspect. I grow on two acres out of five total and have a 30 member CSA. I have to keep the animals where I want them and not have them destroy things I have planted.

I currently have fainting goats, chickens and one goose. The chickens are going into chicken tractors that I am constructing and I have a "goat moat" for the fainting goats which rings the inside ten feet of the garden fence for them to keep clear.

The problem is that none of the above really want to get at the roots of the weeds so they will just come back.

I am thinking of getting small goats, such as Guineas, who will do some rooting but not become big things that will destroy the fences.

What exactly is needed to contain them? Is is possible to develop what would amount to "Pig Tractors" to move them around or would they tunnel under anything? The "tractors" could be moved daily so maybe that could happen before they could get underneath.