how do you get blu-kote off skin

GOATBOOTS

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So I have a leaky bottle of blu-kote and before I knew it my entire hand is....well, blue. Does anyone know how to wash it off? I have tried gas, WD-40, and alcohol. It's a little bit lighter now but still very blue. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow looking like a smurf. :lol:

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good luck.

Do all bottles of Blue Kote leak? Is it some collosal joke at the blue kote factory?

I've rubbed olive oil and hand lotion into my skin and then scrubbed with a nail brush, soap and then hand sanitizer. It only got lighter blue. That stuff really needs to wear off I think.

patandchickens

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Time, basically. Sorry.

I remember at some point in the distant past trying both peroxide and bleach (separately!) and one of them seemed to help a bit but I have no recollection which it was. Neither is all that good for your skin, of course.

Basically, time.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
One of my chickens got a cut, so i put on some blu-kote... got all over my hands!!!!! Next day on a paper in language arts was a light purply tinge!!! hhahahha tried explaining to teacher, but she doesn't believe my crazy animal stories :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I can tell you from personal experience that Garnier Nutrise (sp?) Eye Makeup Remover cloths will take it off the very first time!!

I had a chicken who the rooster ripped open her neck and I sprayed with blue kote and she immediately shook...spraying blue kote all over me - half my face was turned blue! Those cloths worked like magic! I don't know if other brands work the same or not.

chickenwhisperertx

Just born
Reaction score
Got blue kote all over my hands today. Took an hour before I could wash.
Nothing worked, not even alcohol.
On the off-chance it might work, I tried the plastic heel buffer I had in my shower. Similar to a pumice stone, but not as rough.
It worked like a charm!
Still have blue under fingernails, but the rest is gone.

Latest posts