How do you "get your goat"?

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We built a "goat tote" when I first got into goats. I tried to put welded wire on the back so I can see in there when we were traveling, but it made it like a giant wind tunnel so we covered the back with a sheet of OSB. When I'm not picking up goats I use it to store alfalfa. It holds 2 3-string-bales with no problems. Its 3'x5'x3 1/2' tall. It totes 2 adults just fine. I haven't ever had more then that in there at once. It fits well into the truck bed and was even small enough for the small truck. The door slides down in on the front (which is the tailgate side), and the gaps on the side are enough for airflow and for them too look out, but not big enough to get a head through.

IMG_7305.jpg

IMG_7308.jpg

ThornyRidgeII

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
back of my jeep liberty has hauled many many goats!!!

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We use two large dog crates now. but the day we got our goats was interesting... We had ordered the dog crates, and later that evening, the guy giving us the goats said to come get them. We had to think of something fast(luckily the guy only lives about 3 or 4 miles from us). We grabbed the doghouse, and hoped for the best... here is what it looked like. It worked, but I wouldn't recommend it hehe

Doghouse in truck.
3112_pool_011.jpg

Goats
3112_pool_012.jpg