I hate to say this but...

TheKindaFarmGal

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Could you have sent that Saturday :lol:

Would have been a nice warning, huh? :gig

You could probably ask Nifty to delete the offensive threads, once all the hubbub has subsided.

It's a good idea, but I hope it doesn't happen or at least there is a warning - maybe the threads could just be moved somewhere else. If you don't like the threads (which I get!) then don't click on em...I don't see why the fuss is still going on, but maybe that's just me. :\

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Would have been a nice warning, huh? :gig

It's a good idea, but I hope it doesn't happen or at least there is a warning - maybe the threads could just be moved somewhere else. If you don't like the threads (which I get!) then don't click on em...I don't see why the fuss is still going on, but maybe that's just me. :\
Yeah, very nice.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is really "fussing" about it... It's just kinda "new" to us here. I don't know about deleting them either... They aren't doing any harm and they really aren't a bother. If someone/you're not interested in participating or reading them, then... don't... simple, easy, no sweat. Meanwhile, for those who feel the compulsion to "chat" online here at BYH while BYC is under development, have at it! :D

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
You could probably ask Nifty to delete the offensive threads, once all the hubbub has subsided

Boards evolve, not always the same.
The 'chat' type threads don't bother me, and I sure wouldn't use the term 'offensive' in regards to them. I usually don't read them. I don't do facebook, twit, snapchat or any of the rest of the flavor-of-the-year social media either.

As was stated earlier, the only real effect I see is the recent post box, which some of use to quickly see if there are new posts in herd topics we may be interested in. Those now get pushed off the box in a matter of minutes, requiring a search thru the different sections to see what is going on, but it's all good and will likely change in a few days.

Last edited:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL at all the BYC'ers.

I actually am finding this a bit amusing.
First, ya'll have way too much time on yours hands to spend this much time chattering! :lol::lol::lol:
2nd y'all need goats... then you won't have time for chickens and your addiction will be gone! :p

Hopefully you all are finding your way around and navigating. I remember when they changed the format here. I am older and not tech/computer savvy and it really scared the bejeebers out of me.
It took a bit of getting use to but surprisingly it was pretty fast.

@Nifty why didn't you warn us? You know what creatures of habit we are. ;)

Wandercreek

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So I got up this morning and commenced with the same ol' routine: let the dogs out, shuffle to the coffee pot, grind the beans, fill the carafe, hit go. Feed the old dog in the house, step on deer antlers, cuss the puppy for bringing them in, feed the puppy outside, feed the cats inside, fill up water bowls, and finally get a cup of coffee.

I usually check email with that first cup of coffee, but today I browsed BYH instead. I got caught up reading this thread; amused at the horrified BYHer/persistent BYCer banter.

Otherwise sticking to my routine: after that first cup of coffee, I grab my rain boots, head out to the buggy, and drive down to the barn. Time to go let the maniacs out of the coop.

Of course, the chickens are first to get breakfast. That's partly to just shut them up for a minute, but mostly because I'm a little worried that I may become breakfast if I make them wait too long to eat. With the chickens fed, next up are the peeps. Slop some FF down for the 3 brooders and fill waterers...done.

I get to do all this to the tune of "I'm starving to DEATH out here", belted out at the top of his lungs by my beloved beastie, Mr. E, the head honcho Boer and resident lock-picker on the farm. Nanny Boo-Boo and Mo chime in as backup singers on the chorus parts. Some might liken the sound to the cries of a tortured animal. I'd say that's about right but I try to hum along anyway while I fill scoops of goat kibble and gather up hay.

You may be wondering why I'm telling you all this. Well, here's why...

As per usual, as soon as the first bit of goat kibble hits the bowls, the chickens come running. Have you ever heard 50 or so chickens running? It's enough to make you double-check that you're on solid ground with steady footing...lest you fall...

Anyway, the chickens come stampeding into the barn all chattery and fluttery and bossy and bickery and squawky and ba-gwawky. The nosy biddies converge on the goats, jumping and flapping and doing their dangdest to get a view of what's on the menu for the goats morning meal. Before long, the goats look like they are wearing chicken coats and hats. The birds are walking on their backs, peering over their shoulders, perching on their heads and doing everything in their birdy powers to "share" breakfast with the goats.

And, as per usual, I hang around shoving birds off backs and heads and horns and out of food bowls so the goats can eat in peace.

This is a daily thing. Just part of the routine. Only today, I found it amusing because while I was playing chicken whack-a-mole, it reminded me of this thread. You BYHer's are just like my poor goats. Just trying to do your thing. Sing your song, eat some grub and stick to your routine. Us BYCer's...well, we're the obnoxious chickens barging in all chattery and fluttery trying to 'share' all your stuff. Like it or not. And there's no one around to knock us off your food bowls. :barnie

We're not trying to be rude. We just think your breakfast looks delicious. And we're staaaaaaarving. Ba-GWAWK!

No worries though, as soon as Nifty opens the feed bag back up, we'll rush back home.

Thanks for putting up with us, guys. We do appreciate it. Really. :hugs

sunflour

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He is 28 years old, anybody can ride him, he is sweet and gentle. He is a Quarter Horse.

He is awesome. I had no idea that horses lived that long, and still he's able to carry a rider :ep.
I love horses - but viewed from the distance. My dad tried to get me to want my own - wanted me to learn to ride for competition , but after a few unsuccessful and embarrassing trials, I gave up.

Bet you, He would not let me ride him :hide I even fell off an aged horse anyone could ride:(, and for sure, I would be afraid to even try :)

Kiki

Not just born
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So I got up this morning and commenced with the same ol' routine: let the dogs out, shuffle to the coffee pot, grind the beans, fill the carafe, hit go. Feed the old dog in the house, step on deer antlers, cuss the puppy for bringing them in, feed the puppy outside, feed the cats inside, fill up water bowls, and finally get a cup of coffee.

I usually check email with that first cup of coffee, but today I browsed BYH instead. I got caught up reading this thread; amused at the horrified BYHer/persistent BYCer banter.

Otherwise sticking to my routine: after that first cup of coffee, I grab my rain boots, head out to the buggy, and drive down to the barn. Time to go let the maniacs out of the coop.

Of course, the chickens are first to get breakfast. That's partly to just shut them up for a minute, but mostly because I'm a little worried that I may become breakfast if I make them wait too long to eat. With the chickens fed, next up are the peeps. Slop some FF down for the 3 brooders and fill waterers...done.

I get to do all this to the tune of "I'm starving to DEATH out here", belted out at the top of his lungs by my beloved beastie, Mr. E, the head honcho Boer and resident lock-picker on the farm. Nanny Boo-Boo and Mo chime in as backup singers on the chorus parts. Some might liken the sound to the cries of a tortured animal. I'd say that's about right but I try to hum along anyway while I fill scoops of goat kibble and gather up hay.

You may be wondering why I'm telling you all this. Well, here's why...

As per usual, as soon as the first bit of goat kibble hits the bowls, the chickens come running. Have you ever heard 50 or so chickens running? It's enough to make you double-check that you're on solid ground with steady footing...lest you fall...

Anyway, the chickens come stampeding into the barn all chattery and fluttery and bossy and bickery and squawky and ba-gwawky. The nosy biddies converge on the goats, jumping and flapping and doing their dangdest to get a view of what's on the menu for the goats morning meal. Before long, the goats look like they are wearing chicken coats and hats. The birds are walking on their backs, peering over their shoulders, perching on their heads and doing everything in their birdy powers to "share" breakfast with the goats.

And, as per usual, I hang around shoving birds off backs and heads and horns and out of food bowls so the goats can eat in peace.

This is a daily thing. Just part of the routine. Only today, I found it amusing because while I was playing chicken whack-a-mole, it reminded me of this thread. You BYHer's are just like my poor goats. Just trying to do your thing. Sing your song, eat some grub and stick to your routine. Us BYCer's...well, we're the obnoxious chickens barging in all chattery and fluttery trying to 'share' all your stuff. Like it or not. And there's no one around to knock us off your food bowls. :barnie

We're not trying to be rude. We just think your breakfast looks delicious. And we're staaaaaaarving. Ba-GWAWK!

No worries though, as soon as Nifty opens the feed bag back up, we'll rush back home.

Thanks for putting up with us, guys. We do appreciate it. Really. :hugs
This is almost as good as a @Blooie story...
well said!

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love horses - but viewed from the distance.

20170511_090941_zpsoh3mx0jr.jpg

@sunflour - this is the "view" off my back porch. Not quite so "distant" for me, lol (the Big Blonde wants me to let her mow the back yard - wouldn't it be nice if they could do some of the other things on my "Bunny do" list ?)