Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It does feel a bit like this sometimes:

:gig Or....the....door!!

004-6.jpg

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you even imagine if we had all went over to The Easy Garden to have all this fun?

I suppose we all came to BYH needing a question answered or needing something. Y'all came needing a place to be. It was impossible to welcome everybody coming on so fast. How would you all deal with us if we needed to go hang out with ya at BYC?

I like having you here. You've made it pretty lively for us. You can stay and hang out if you want once your home is back up. :D =D

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sometimes they will try and sneak in when the door is open..stinkers look at me like, where are the treats for this morning..ey?

Turtle Rock Farm

Caprine Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright- since all you BYC'ers are here lets talk real chicken /poultry stuff... what is your preferred method for slaughtering chickens? geese? ducks?
For consumption? I haven't done it yet, likely broomstick method. For euthanasia I like cervical dislocation w/ just your hands. Not bloody.

Can you even imagine if we had all went over to The Easy Garden to have all this fun?

I suppose we all came to BYH needing a question answered or needing something. Y'all came needing a place to be. It was impossible to welcome everybody coming on so fast. How would you all deal with us if we needed to go hang out with ya at BYC?

I like having you here. You've made it pretty lively for us. You can stay and hang out if you want once your home is back up. :D =D

Same as usual. There's usually high posting numbers in the new member section, so wouldn't be much different.

Turtle Rock Farm

Caprine Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have added, the above was for chooks. Never researched or tried it on ducks or geese.

Kyanite

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Alright- since all you BYC'ers are here lets talk real chicken /poultry stuff... what is your preferred method for slaughtering chickens? geese? ducks?
I've not done goose or duck, but with chickens it's always been put them in something to keep them from flailing and use a fast chop worth a sharp ax. We made a block for it with an old stump and two big nails to hold the neck and head in place so there aren't misses.

CTKen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

At this time of year, we have around 30-40 new members introducing themselves on the New Members Introductions every day - it usually takes me over an hour each day to greet 'em. Welcoming you guys would be a drop in the ocean (as long as you didn't collude and all join on the same day :D)